Institutional Effectiveness District Committee
Purpose/Functions: The District Institutional Effectiveness Committee is a standing committee of the District Council that fulfills an advisory, monitoring and coordinating role regarding matters related to institutional effectiveness and data governance. The committee is to promote a culture of evidence and inquiry, in which relevant research and accurate data is developed and reviewed for district-level planning, research and institutional effectiveness purposes.
- Functions include but are not limited to:
- Provide advisory review of indicators or outcome measures used for district-wide planning and allocation purposes.
- Review district-wide planning and evaluation processes (District Program Review) and monitor annual progress.
- Provide advisory review of the district wide research agenda that reflects the most critical needs of the District.
- Provide advisory guidance on the development of data governance policies and procedures that support data quality, security, and user adoption.
- Review and provide guidance on internal and external requests for research including Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Review accreditation eligibility, accreditation standards and Commission facilitated through the district office in support of the Colleges.
- Provide advisory review for District- activities.
- Provide advisory review of the District-wide Survey Management Policy to be implemented by IESS and the Colleges resulting in evidence-based decision making, decreased survey fatigue, increased data quality and security, and alignment with institutional priorities.
- Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Educational Services at SJECCD
- Administrators appointed by MSCC (2)
- District Academic Senate President or designee (1)
- Faculty members appointed by each Academic Senate (2)
- Classified staff members appointed by each Classified Senate/CSEA (2)
- Chairs/Representatives from each College Institutional Effectiveness (IE) Committees (2)
- Dean of Research, Planning and Institutional Effectiveness, or representative (2)
- Representative from the Colleague Core Committee (1)
- Representatives from each College Admissions and Records Office (2)
- Campus and District Office researchers, District Office IT Administrator.
Term: All members are elected/appointed, renewable by appropriate constituent groups.
Meeting Schedule: Tuesdays as scheduled from 3:00-4:30 p.m. Meetings will be held virtually until further notice. For virtual meeting information, please email iess.sjeccd.edu
- September: 26th
- October: 24th
- November: 14th
- December: 12th
- February: 27th
- March: 19th
- April: 16th
Open to any interested members of the colleges or district office.