The office of IESS through the educational services function works collaboratively with college vice-presidents on behalf of the Chancellor's office. We partner closely with college curriculum committees, policy committees, schedule & catalogue offices as well as various deans, faculty & classified professionals.
We provide support and coordination for:
- Student Services (transfer, registration setup, academic / campus calendar, pre-requisite check, overrides, repeatability),
- Dual enrollment
- Strategic planning
- Policy analysis and formation
- Data auditing & accuracy
- Business process improvement as it relates to data quality and student success
Catalog and Schedule
While the campuses manage the catalog and scheduling content and timelines, IESS uploads course information, ensures compliance with Board Policy & Administrative Procedures, Accreditation Standards, State & Federal Laws. Manages district catalog information, liaison between Courseleaf and District.
IESS is responsible for activating the schedule of classes once colleges finalize their course offerings and schedule.
College Catalog links:
Curriculum is a faculty driven college process. IESS supports this process by:
- Providing technical review expertise
- Ensuring compliance with Board Policy & Procedures, Accreditation Standards, State & Federal Laws
- Verifying curriculum data accuracy
- Activating curriculum in Colleague
- Reviewing & approving curriculum items for Governing Board Review
College Curriculum Committee webpages:
EVC - All College Curriculum Committee (ACCC)
SJCC - Instructional Policies and Curriculum Committee (IPCC)
Educational Services plays a coordinating role in policy analysis & formation by representing the District on district policy committee, researching policy implementations & briefing executive leadership
AP's & BP's may be found on BoardDocs and select Policies tab on top right: https://go.boarddocs.com/ca/sjeccd/Board.nsf/Public