The Purchasing Department of the San José Evergreen Community College District is committed to supporting and enhancing the education of students through the efficient and cost-effective procurement of goods and services requested by district staff. Our procurement process is based on an impartial and open competitive vendor selection process that adheres to applicable laws and district policies, with the ultimate goal of achieving the lowest available acquisition cost while maintaining the specified features, functions, quantity, quality, level of service, and required delivery time.
Our responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the procurement of goods and services for all departments of the district.
- Promoting fair, ethical, and legal trade practices.
- Ensuring proper authorization for all purchases.
- Reviewing and processing purchase requisitions and creating purchase orders.
- Expediting the delivery of goods and services in urgent situations.
- Coordinating bidding and annual contracts for supplies, equipment, and services.
- Managing contracts and on-call type service agreements for equipment repair.
- Maintaining asset inventory and tracking of district property, such as furniture, equipment, and computers.
- All purchase orders, blanket purchase orders, open orders, maintenance contracts, and other contracts issued by the Purchasing Department are subject to the terms and conditions provided at this link: PO Terms & Conditions, unless specifically stated by purchasing.
To do business with the district, please visit our "Doing Business" page on the left-hand column. For information on our current and future solicitations, please visit our "Purchasing Bids" page.
We are committed to providing efficient and cost-effective procurement services to the district, and we welcome inquiries from potential vendors.